© JASON [POWER VERS] // Offline
7 posts
AGELESS
SINGLE
BLACK ADAM
ARIES
CROCODILE
Inactive

The search for Shazam was getting frustrating. The Justice League had been seemingly inactive for the past few weeks, or off-world Just after he'd arrived in Metropolis he'd seen the photo of the team in the Daily Planet. Shazam standing there so proud in his red, white and gold–what he himself Should have been.The rage had burned so hot in him that day, threatening to explode, erupting and rupturing forth like destruction from a volcano. He'd managed not to say the word, SHAZAM. Otherwise he'd have gone on a murderous rampage just to sate his frustrations.

Since then, he'd been scouring the city, listening to a device called a Poe-Lease Scan-Nohr and browsing a fascinating other dimension the children in his classes called the internet. At the moment he was substituting for a teacher who was out on something the hiring committee had called pregnancy leave. It was promising to see that the slaves who labored to educate the youth of this city were considered valuable enough to receive time off for such endeavors.

One of the students in his class had caught his attention, one William Batson. The boy was smart but dealing with something in his personal life. The boy often showed up to class unbathed, wearing the same clothing he'd worn the day before. So far he hadn't been able to get the lad to open up to him, but he'd brought in food each day for the past three days to test his theory and see whether or not the boy would take the bait. He felt some compassion for the youth and wondered what his story was. After all, Adam was a man who had lost his family, his home, everything, not too long ago.

Not long, considering he'd only been free for the past month or so. He wasn't sure what he wanted to accomplish when it came to this Batson boy, but he felt drawn to act–to do something for him. He was not actively seeking any form of redemption, but he was perhaps not so lost as those who had condemned him said. "Mister Batson, may I speak to you before you go, please."

PM
^
BILLY BATSON
 Posted: Oct 9 2015, 08:00 PM
© JM [N/A] // Offline
4 posts
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
Justice League

OH LOVER
Oh lover, pull the trigger silver revolver
TAG: Black Adam
It had been a rough past few weeks. The shelter was a fine place to sleep, but that was if you got a bed that night. Billy had been having it rough since he got kicked out of his foster home, but who needs them? He was doing fine on his own anyways. He would go to the open soup kitchens and steal some food from his buds during lunch. He had plenty of time to do this homework, plus if things got really bad the Watch Tower always was there to get him out of trouble. He loved being Captain Marvel, it was like he got to escape from his own life.

Billy didn't like to really talk about his other life with his hero friends, it was for the best really. So very few knew about him being a teen who lived like this. School was his sanctuary, his get away. So when he heard his teacher call out his name and ask to see him after class, his friends snickered and chuckled...thinking that Billy was in trouble.

"Err...yeah, of course." He muttered as he stayed after and walked over in front of his teacher's desk. "Did I do something wrong? Am I in trouble?" Billy asked like a bashful teen that he was. Even though he was a hero, he still feared the normal authorities in this form. What did he do wrong? Was it his homework? Did it talk too much in class? Billy was racking his braining trying to think of what it could be.

THANKS!
PM
^
ADAM TETH
 Posted: Oct 9 2015, 08:43 PM
7 posts
AGELESS
SINGLE
BLACK ADAM
ARIES
CROCODILE
Inactive

The boy appeared to be taking the bait. Not that within the established hierarchy of this educational system he'd been given much choice to do otherwise. If anything, these youth were promised knowledge and yet the truth of it was that they were corralled and held hostage to a system that simply saw them as a number. Adam didn't agree that an individual's potential might be reduced to a score on a test at the end of the year. However, it was his duty as their teacher to ensure that each of them fulfilled their potential, even if that meant ensuring that the C students remain C students and that those who were expected to fail statistically would do so. All of this in keeping with the charted sequence of numbers he'd been given when he'd taken over the class.

While Batson fell in line with the rest of his classmates, Teth saw something in him that suggested that if given the chance, William would shine. Adam knew that he'd be finishing the semester with this class. While he knew there were laws, rules made by these mortals to protect these boys and so forth. He knew that being caught with a student living, even if only temporarily, in his apartment might jeopardize his position. He cared little for that. This was a means to an end. He needed another set of eyes to help him find the so-called hero Shazam.

"You are in no trouble with me, young man." Teth offered the boy a nod as he waited for the remainder of the students to clear out and leave them alone. He considered rising and closing the door. He remained seated and instead motioned to the empty chair he kept beside his desk, one that if Billy chose to sit upon would place them on even footing, "Would you mind taking a seat? I'd like to speak with you for a moment."

PM
^
BILLY BATSON
 Posted: Oct 9 2015, 09:12 PM
© JM [N/A] // Offline
4 posts
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
Justice League

OH LOVER
Billy had no idea what he did wrong. Even after his teacher told him that he did nothing wrong he was still...unsure. He nodded his head and sat down as commanded as he looked to his teacher with the semi scared expression on his face. "Er...okay." He muttered getting comfortable in the seat.

This was his last class of the day, so he had no where pressing to go. Still it would be nice to catch up with his friends and talk for a bit, feel normal. Even this was a nice normal feeling for him, but there was something about this teacher that struck Billy. It was like something was off about him, but the teen hero couldn't put his finger on it. It was probably him just being paranoid of course, still...

"So what did you want to see me about?" Billy asked finally, hoping that this would be quick and painless. He liked his teacher and all, but it seemed to be a serious talk. There was a heaviness in the air.

THANKS!
PM
^
ADAM TETH
 Posted: Oct 9 2015, 09:46 PM
7 posts
AGELESS
SINGLE
BLACK ADAM
ARIES
CROCODILE
Inactive

It was interesting. Seeing the way the boy did his best to maintain composure, his power, in the face of uncertainty. It implied that unlike so many his age, and of his age, he was strong. If the situation were different, Adam might have even been considering him as a worthy successor. That wouldn't be happening anytime soon. He had plans now that he was free. It could be something to ponder for the future, once he'd trained the boy, taught him more of the world and how it could hurt a man. He would need that strength, should this progress any further.

For now, though, it would be irresponsible to burden a child with the heavy responsibility of power. It just wasn't done.

The boy needed shelter, a safe haven, a place that would allow him to flourish. If Adam's suspicions were correct, the boy was in desperate need. "Let me preface what I am going to say with these words. I believe I understand you. " He leveled his gaze upon the boy, blue eyes upon blue, "And I believe you have a secret." He paused, allowing the words to stretch out between them and lengthen against time.

Once the moment had passed and he was certain the had the boy's attention, "One that we share, William Batson." Like William, Teth had once lost everything and been alone. Adam was not necessarily the charitable sort but he was willing to offer this one a helping hand–for a time.

PM
^
BILLY BATSON
 Posted: Oct 9 2015, 11:02 PM
© JM [N/A] // Offline
4 posts
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
Justice League

OH LOVER
This was so confusing. Billy raised a brow not sure what to expect from this. "What?" He said before his teacher went on. Soon he said something about a secret and it make Billy freak out. His heart skipped a beat and he getting nervous. What secret of his did he know? That he was homeless or that he was a super hero? Billy was nervous.

"I-I don't know what you m-mean." He stammered out, not sounding very confident that Mr. Teth would believe him. Hell, he didn't even believe himself. His teacher went on; a secret that they share? Billy was starting to panic...what could he know about the young teen?

What was he even to do? Play dumb might work. Yeah, swearing that you don't know something about something isn't wrong. "We share? I don't know what you are talking about." Billy played it off sounding like he was more confused than anything.

THANKS!
PM
^
ADAM TETH
 Posted: Oct 11 2015, 07:15 PM
7 posts
AGELESS
SINGLE
BLACK ADAM
ARIES
CROCODILE
Inactive

"I want to tell you the beginnings of a story," Adam had not been surprised to hear the boy stammer and question his knowledge, If anything, the boy's reaction to the fact that Teth knew his secret was proof enough. The boy was homeless and he was ashamed, alone and frightened...much in the way he had once been, "Years ago, I was alone, forced to find my own way. Forced to fight to survive, to struggle day to day. There was a time when I did not know from whence my next meal would come. For a time I labored under the burden of not knowing if I would live to see my next meal, much less the next sunrise or sunset."

He paused, looking more directly at the boy now, "When you have seen the worst the world offers it is easy to see the same in others." He sighed and leaned back in his chair, confident that no matter what the boy's reaction would be that he was correct, "Do not take what I am saying in the wrong way. I mean you no ill. It is my job, my duty as your teacher to notice such things."

"I am concerned for you. Last week you did not have money for lunch. When is the last time you have eaten, Billy?" As he said this, he reached into his desk and took out a carefully wrapped, freshly made sandwich and set if before the boy on the corner of his desk. "I wish to know what is going on with you, but for now, if you are hungry...eat." Teth reached down and retrieved a cold can of coke, the youth of this era seemed to enjoy these overly sweet, fizzy drinks, and set it beside the sandwich.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned exclusively by ree of shine. cfs by black. do not reproduce.